Trekket kan vaskes på 30°
Hva du får:
Utviklet og designet i Tyskland
Bildene av produktene og målene på denne siden er kun ment som indikasjon. Produktene kan variere, og vi forbeholder oss retten til å gjøre produktendringer.
Is this the right seat for my car?
Before buying the child car seat, always check whether it can be properly installed in your vehicle. We recommend a test installation at a qualified retailer. Always follow the recommendations of the vehicle manufacturer regarding the installation of child car seats.
- Installation with ISOFIX
Look for the i-Size logo in your vehicle.
If a vehicle seat is marked with this logo, it is suitable for use with all i-Size child car seats and therefore does not feature in our list of compatible vehicles.
If your vehicle does not have an i-Size seat, please check the list to find out whether your vehicle is compatible. If your vehicle is not listed, please contact our Customer Service team.
1. Velg bilprodusent
2. Velg modell og år
Hvis du har ytterligere spørsmål, kan du kontakte ossSpør oss
Ofte stilte spørsmål
- Can I install a rear-facing seat on the front passenger seat?
Rear-facing car seats must only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Placing your child on a passenger seat with an activated airbag poses an enormous risk of injury, and we at CYBEX strictly advise against this. For other types of car seats check the user manuals of both your car seat and your vehicle to find out if you should deactivate the airbag.
Statistics show that the safest place for an car seat is on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat. Side airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible and that the airbag is deactivated.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
Thick clothing prevents the harness/vehicle belt or impact shield from lying tight against the body of the child. Only a correctly adjusted restraint system can offer maximum protection. For this reason, your child should wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets and clothing with hoods (e.g. hoodies) as well as hats should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the car seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- How do I know when my child needs to change to the next car seat?
We generally advise against switching to the next car seat prematurely. Even if your child’s feet protrude outside the car seat, your child has not necessarily grown out of the seat. However, if your child's head is protruding above the top edge of the highest headrest position, is taller than 105 cm, or weighs over 18 kg, it is time to change the car seat as it no longer affords sufficient protection to the vulnerable neck and head area. After changing the car seat, your child’s head should be positioned within the protective area of the height-adjustable headrest. If the new car seat has an impact shield, your child should be able to comfortably see over it. If your child disappears behind the impact shield, then he/she is definitely too small for the seat.
- Can I use the car seat even when the side airbag is activated?
Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
- Are both side-impact protectors (L.S.P.s) needed?
The Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.) reduces the forces of a side-impact collision and thus also the risk of injury. The L.S.P folds out automatically during product unboxing on both sides. However, if there is insufficient space for the L.S.P. nearest the middle of the vehicle, it is not absolutely essential. For safety reasons, please ensure that the L.S.P. nearest the door is always installed or folded out.
- How should the headrest be adjusted?
Only a headrest adjusted to the optimum height will give your child the best possible protection and comfort. The height can be adjusted to various positions. The headrest must be adjusted so there is no more than 2 cm between the child’s shoulders and the bottom of the headrest.
- Can I use the car seat on laterally-facing vehicle seats?
It is not permitted to use the car seat on laterally-facing vehicle seats.
- Can I use this car seat on a flight?
No, this car seat is not approved for use on an airplane.
- What do I have to bear in mind when installing the Sirona in my vehicle?
Please follow the steps below:
• Select an appropriate vehicle seat
• Fold out the load leg (has to lock with an audible CLICK)
• Release the buttons of the ISOFIX locking arms and push them out of the base to the endstopper
• Push the ISOFIX locking arms into the ISOFIX anchorage points (make sure they lock with an audible CLICK and that the safety indicators show green)
• Push the base towards the backrest of the vehicle seat until it is fully aligned with the backrest
• Moving the whole car seat back and forth from side to side will further brace it against the backrest
• Make always sure that the load leg is folded out completely (pull out the load leg by pushing the adjustment button out until it touches the vehicle floor)
• Pull the load leg out to the next locking position (make sure the load leg indicator on the base shows green)
- Is my child allowed to rest his/her legs on the rebound bar?
Relatively tall infants may rest their legs on the rebound bar. Bending the legs at the knee does not affect safety in any way. As long as the child has sufficient legroom you can use the seat in a rear-facing position.
- Can I also use this seat in a car without ISOFIX anchorage points?
No, this seat can only be installed in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points, due to the fact that it must be installed with ISOFIX in every position.
- Is it ok to keep using a car seat after an accident?
We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a car seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a car seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX car seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: https://cybex-online.com/en-en/retailer
- How do I correctly secure my child in the seat?
Please observe the instructions in the User Guide. Adjust the child car seat to the size of your child and make sure that he or she is properly strapped in to ensure maximum safety.
- What should I bear in mind when installing the car seat in my vehicle?
Before purchasing the car seat it is important to check if it is approved to be used in your vehicle:
• Vehicle must have an i-Size seat that is compatible with an i-Size child car seat (we advise going to www.cybex-online.com and checking the ‘More info’ section on the product page to find out whether the car seat is compatible with your vehicle)
• Compatibility can also be checked with typelist that can be found attached to your car seat (please do not use any part of this car seat on its own or in combination with boosters, backrests or headrests from other manufacturers or from different CYBEX product lines)
• For proper protection of your child, it is essential to use and install the car seat according to the instructions given in the User Guide (the User Guide can be found attached to the car seat, or it can be downloaded on www.cybex-online.com)
- When am I allowed to use the Sirona's forward-facing position?
Once the child exceeds 15 months of age and has reached a minimum size of 76 cm you are allowed to use the forward-facing position of your Sirona car seat. This is not a must. We rather recommend transporting children in the Sirona's rear-facing position for as long as possible. The car seat allows rear-facing travel up to a height of 105 cm (approx. 4 years).
- How do I install the cup holder?
You can easily install the cup holder by sliding it into one of two slots in the car seat shell, positioned on the side of each armrest. The positions of the slots are indicated by cup holder symbols.
- The car seat is approved in compliance with the i-Size standard (UN R129). What does this mean?
i-Size is an European standard for car seats. Among other regulations i-Size states that infants must travel in a rear-facing position before the child's age exceeds 15 months and that, for the first time, side-impact protection is tested. To find out more about i-Size go to https://cybex-online.com/en-en/safetycenter/safety-regulations
- Will the car seat fit in my vehicle?
It is important to check whether the car seat is compatible with your vehicle before you purchase it. The car seat is approved for use in i-Size compatible vehicle seating positions as indicated by vehicle manufacturers in their vehicle user manuals. If your vehicle does not have an i-Size seating position, please check whether the installation is allowed on the typelist included with the car seat or on our homepage www.cybex-online.com.
- Where should I install a car seat in my car?
The safest place for an infant car seat is on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat.
It may be possible to install a CYBEX car seat on other seats in the vehicle. You can find this information in our vehicle Type List which is available either online or along with the product when it is purchased.
- How can I clean my car seat?
Car seats can usually be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner or damp cloth. We recommend wiping the area between the seat and base with a damp cloth. Sand or other dirt beneath the cover can also be removed in this way.
Please note that a car seat should never be dismantled for cleaning. Please always refer to your car seat’s user manual when carrying out care and maintenance on your car seat.
Should you wish to clean a car seat more thoroughly than recommended above, you will have to have it cleaned professionally. Please ask the retailer who sold you the car seat to refer you to a professional service.
CYBEX Products Only: Always refer to the user guide for your specific product for detailed instructions. Newborn inlays have their own user guide which should be individually referred to. Generally the seat covers are usually machine washable at a maximum temperature of 30˚C on a delicate cycle. If you wash them at a higher temperature, the cover fabric might lose its color or shrink. Please wash the cover separately and never dry it by machine or in direct sunlight. (Warning: Only the cover of the car seat can be machine washed. The car seat itself is not allowed to be washed.)
To clean the plastic parts of the car seat wipe them with a cloth using a mild detergent and warm water. (Warning: Please do not use chemical detergents or bleaching agents under any circumstances.)
- When can I turn a car seat forward-facing?
UN Norm R129 states that children must travel in a rear-facing position up until they exceed the age of 15 months and a height of 76 cm. However, given the current state of child restraint technology we recommend placing a car seat in the rear-facing position until the child is 4 years old, or as long as this is possible. The reason for this is as follows:
• At the beginning of their lives children generally have relatively weak neck muscles and large heads in relation to the rest of their bodies. The older they get, the stronger their neck muscles get.
• The difference in size between the head and the body evens out. However, in the event of a collision in the early years of development these two factors create a large amount of strain on their necks, making car crashes statistically more dangerous for this age group.
• Physicians, accident researchers and consumer and health organizations recommend the transport of babies and toddlers in rear-facing child seats for as long as possible, but at least until they are 4 years old.
If the child is travelling in a rear-facing position, the forces of an impact are distributed evenly over the large area of the car seat shell. The strain on the neck, head, and chest is significantly reduced, reducing the risk of injury when compared to a forward-facing car seat.
- Can I use the car seat on rear-facing vehicle benches (e.g. in vans or minibuses)?
No. This car seat cannot be used on rear-facing vehicle benches.
- What's the difference between UN R44 and UN R129?
To simplify the process of choosing the right car seat, regulations and norms have been implemented to guarantee general safety standards worldwide:
• In most parts of the world including Europe, the UN R44/04 and UN R129 testing standards are in effect. R44 classifies child restraints (car seats) according to the weight of the child. However, children grow in different ways. For example, a child might be within the weight range of an R44 seat but their head may already be reaching above the top of the seat.
• R129 child restraints are classified according to the height of the child, and also specify a weight limit. This is intended to give parents more confidence that a child restraint will fit a child during a specific growth period.
• The aim of R129 is to make child restraints easier to install, to incorporate side impact testing to provide better protection from side crashes and to keep children in a rear-facing position up until they are at least 15 months old.
• The i-Size regulation also aims to make child restraints more compatible with vehicle seats through standardized attachments.
- How can I close the L.S.P.?
It is possible to close the Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.) if is pressing against the car door or if it affects the space on the passenger seat. To do so:
• Press the L.S.P operating button
• Hold it pressed and fold in the L.S.P. with small push
• Once the L.S.P has fixed in place the L.S.P. operating button can be released
Please note: The car seat can also be used without the L.S.P. if there is not enough space in the vehicle.
- When does a car seat expire?
As soon as a car seat is installed in a vehicle, it may be exposed to high temperatures and high levels of light intensity. As a result, even high-quality and extremely age-resistant plastics such as those used by CYBEX can display certain age-related alterations. To ensure the safety of your child, we strongly recommend that the seats are not used for longer that the prescribed usage periods.
A car seat will be designed to keep your child safe for a specific period in their development, for example from birth to approximately 4 years old for a Sirona Series seat. Sometimes they can be used for longer, for example our products for babies and toddlers can also be used for a sibling. To find out the approximate lifespan of your CYBEX car seat, refer to the user manual or contact our Customer Service.