SAFE. SMART. CONNECTED.
"New tech for parents to save lives."
The technology that took the US market by storm!
The sensorsafe SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
Peace of mind for you. Better safety for your child.
Attached to the harness system of your car seat, the SensorSafe clip connects to your smartphone and provides essential alerts to help prevent critical situations: when your child unbuckles the clip, if your child is put at risk of vehicular heatstroke because of ambient temperature changes or from being left alone in the car, and if your child has been seated for too long.
As seen in
App‑enabled car seat for safety geeks
New tech for parents to save lives.
Keeps your kids safe even when the ride is over.
The car seat that saves lives.
It covers all the bases!
of parents reported that their child had unbuckled themselves from their car seat.
Source: study by yale university, 2011
SAFETY HARNESS CONTROL
Sensorsafe clip open
stop the car in a safe area
Check on your child!
Keeps your child securely fastened at all times
The SensorSafe clip helps prevent the child from slipping out of the harness system. If your child manages to open the clip, you will be instantly alerted via push notification on your smartphone.
Helps you prevent your child from overheating in the car
The SensorSafe clip monitors the ambient temperature of your car to prevent your child from overheating or overcooling. When temperatures become too hot or too cold, the app will inform you via push notification on your smartphone.
Child Alone Warning
Child alone in car.
1801 Commerce Drive
Piqua, OH 45356
Return to car!
Your emergency contacts have been notified.
Ensure your child is always with a parent or loved one
In the event your child is left alone in the car, the SensorSafe clip is able to send reminder notifications directly to your smartphone. If desired SensorSafe can also alert emergency contacts and share the location of the car.
is available with a wide range of CYBEX and gb car seats
The safety features far exceed all expectations. I am confident my child will be safe in this car seat and recommend this to anyone who wants the most safety for the child. We love it.
The SensorSafe feature is pretty genius! We would all like to think you would never forget our child in the car but you never know, right? Why not safeguard if you can? The system was very easy to set up. We tested it out and it worked just like advertised.
My mind is at ease to know that my son is safe in his seat and the SensorSafe would let me know if he wasn't.
Installation was easy to follow, the seat belt sensor is easy to use, and setting it up on the app was a breeze.
The part that I find most practical is the temperature monitoring. Sometimes with other car seats I thought it was cool in the back seat, but the toddler was sweating after the ride because the sun shines through the rear window, making the rear much warmer than the front. With the temp sensor, I can adjust the rear AC to provide a more comfy environment.
I like the feature that warns if the harness is unbuckled during driving. This is useful for our older toddler who is just starting to get mischievous and figure out how to unbuckle on his own.
Safety taken to the next level with a seat that links to your smart phone and alerts you if baby is left in the car!! Especially useful for parents who share transportation with others and need reassurance that other caregivers are removing baby from car.
I didn’t just purchase a car seat, I purchased peace of mind. Knowing the seat will alert me if he unclips the seat or if for some reason I forgot to take him out of the seat in a moment of chaos is such an anxiety reliever. Busy moms like me have enough to worry about and this seat takes some big worries tied to traveling off the table.
Frequently asked questions
- Is SensorSafe available for all CYBEX / gb car seats?
- No. All CYBEX / gb car seats applying to regulation R129 will be available with SensorSafe, with the exception of the Cybex Sirona Q i-Size (R129) due to the impact shield in forward facing use.
- Why is SensorSafe not available as a stand-alone-product or accessory?
- SensorSafe is part of the homologation and not an accessory.
- Can the clip be put on other seats than the offered ones?
- No. SensorSafe is permitted for use with the approved car seats only. Cybex does not take any responsibility for using SensorSafe with other seats than the following:
- Cloud Z i-Size
- Sirona Z i-Size
- Aton M i-Size
- Sirona S i-Size
- Sirona M2 i-Size
- Vaya i-Size
- I have an infant car seat equipped with SensorSafe. Can I install the clip on the next seat following the infant car seat?
- No, the clip for infant car seats is smaller than the one for rear facing seats because of the different versions of the harness system. Each car seat was tested and approved with the specific SensorSafe clip only.
- At which temperature does the SensorSafe app give a warning?
- When the temperature in the car interior reaches 35° or falls to 7° there will be an accoustic warning.
- How many emergency contacts can be stored on the app? And how does it work?
- In the app, you can invite family members (or other people). They must download the app and accept the invitation. They will be notified via push notifications (sender and receiver need a connection to the internet). There is no limit in the number of emergency contacts that can be entered.
- Will SensorSafe also provide the location of the car?
- In case of an emergency (child left alone in the car) SensorSafe will send a notification to the emergency contacts. This message includes the location of the clip at the time the App noticed that the child had been left behind. To use this function, it is necessary to allow location services.
- Can several smartphones connect to one SensorSafe system at the same time?
- No, only one person can be connected to one working system. It is possible however to register the same device for several user accounts.
- Can several SensorSafe clips connect with one smartphone?
- Yes. Up to eight clips can be connected with one smartphone and user account. You need to register each clip with the smartphone individually.
- Is SensorSafe safe for using close to the child? (Bluetooth/radiation etc.)
- Yes, SensorSafe technology is certified safe for use and equipped with the CE label. It transmits an extremely brief, very low power signal—no stronger than your car’s keyless remote entry. The transmissions are so brief that the total transmission time in two hours of driving is less than one second.
- Is the app free or do I need to buy it?
- The SensorSafe app is free to download in the App Store and Google Play Store.
- If multiple car seats are present in a car will the SensorSafe App recognize and distinguish them?
- Devices, meaning clips that are attached to a car seat, need to be registered/paired with the app before the system automatically recognizes them.