Lead Engineer Car Seats (m/f/d)
Germany / Bayreuth (EMEA)
Do you want to play a part in building and expanding an exciting brand across the world?
Looking for a new challenge in a fast growing, international and young company?
With its fresh approach, CYBEX designs products for parents who value quality and culture while pushing the boundaries that often separate safety, design and function. In a short period of time the company has grown into a globally renowned brand recognised for iconic design, innovative technology, superior safety features and thoughtful functionality.
We constantly look for open minded, creative and passionate people to join our teams. We are based in Germany and have offices worldwide.
Areas of responsibilities
- Engineering of diverse technical consumer products (focus: car seats) from concept to series-production
- Developing complex product components (plastic, metal, textiles) by coordinating and leading the engineering teams (internal and external)
- Analysing intermediate results and defining new work packages for the team
- Implementation of innovative mechanical solutions and creation of freehand sketches for immediate visualization
- Intensive support for our foreign suppliers during series production launch
- Integrate requests for modification and elaboration of technical proposals for solutions
- Interface to our international designers, development teams and suppliers
- Creation of technical documentations and drawings for existing and future products for internal and external use
Profile of qualification
- Successfully completed Technical studies in the field of Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Engineering
- Several years of experience in developing children's car seats
- Fluent in Business English
- Profound 3D-CAD-skills (preferably ProEngineer)
- Experience in managing engineering teams
- Willingness to travel (China, Austria, Czech Republic)
- Experience with Chinese culture / mentality required
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly committed, accurate and goal-oriented and independent personality