Fabric covers machine washable
What you get:
Infant Car Seat, Newborn Inlay
Engineered and designed in Germany
- Do both LSPs have to be pulled out for safety reasons?
- To provide the best possible protection, the telescopic L.S.P. protector nearest the door should be extended as far as possible. It is designed with two settings. If in the longest setting the L.S.P touches the vehicle door, then the first setting must be used instead. When the seat is installed in the middle seat, the linear side-impact protection (L.S.P. System) should not be pulled out.
- Is it OK to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/us/retailer.html
- Can I install the seat on the front passenger seat?
- The car seat should only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Important: According to the Highway Code. It is against the law for your child to travel on a seat with an activated airbag. Placing your infant on a passenger seat with an activated airbag puts your child at risk of serious injury. For this reason, CYBEX always recommends installing the car seat on the vehicle's rear seat (if possible behind the passenger). Statistics show that this is the safest place in the car. In a head-on collision, a child has a greater crumple zone on the rear seat where front airbags do not put your child' safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible.
- Can my child sit in the car seat in a forward-facing position?
- No. According to standard R-129 children have to travel in a rearward-facing position until they are at least 15 months old. Your infant's spine and neck muscles have not yet developed sufficiently to cope with heavier strains. In the event of an accident, the child's head is propelled forward with a very high force. The child's spine and neck muscles are not strong enough to withhold these forces. In rear-facing seats, the infant car seat works like a protective shield and protects the child's sensitive head and neck.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
- Thick clothing prevents the harness from lying snugly against the body. This incorrect belt positioning could result in the harness slipping off the shoulder. For this reason, your child wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- Can I use the car seat and base even when the side airbag is activated?
- Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
- Will CYBEX release an i-Size seat with a safety cushion? / When does CYBEX plan to launch a Platinum i-Size seat?
- Whether and when CYBEX will bring out another i-Size product is unknown at this moment in time. The engineers at CYBEX are constantly working in close cooperation with experts from other leading brands and institutions involved in child safety to drive forward the development of new products. As soon as CYBEX decides to launch a new i-Size seat, we will announce our plans on our website and on social media.