Fabric covers machine washable
What you get:
Infant Car Seat, Seat Insert
Compatible Base:Base Q, Base Q-Fix
Engineered and designed in Germany
- Is it OK to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/us/retailer.html.
- Can I install the seat on the front passenger seat?
- The car seat should only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Important: According to the Highway Code. It is against the law for your child to travel on a seat with an activated airbag. Placing your infant on a passenger seat with an activated airbag puts your child at risk of serious injury. For this reason, CYBEX always recommends installing the car seat on the vehicle's rear seat (if possible behind the passenger). Statistics show that this is the safest place in the car. In a head-on collision, a child has a greater crumple zone on the rear seat where front airbags do not put your child' safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible.
- Can my child sit in the car seat in a forward-facing position?
- No. According to standard R-129 children have to travel in a rearward-facing position until they are at least 15 months old. Your infant's spine and neck muscles have not yet developed sufficiently to cope with heavier strains. In the event of an accident, the child's head is propelled forward with a very high force. The child's spine and neck muscles are not strong enough to withhold these forces. In rear-facing seats, the infant car seat works like a protective shield and protects the child's sensitive head and neck.
- What is the difference between the CYBEX Aton Q and the CYBEX Aton 4?
- The Aton Q is part of the CYBEX PLATINUM line and is a completely new product that incorporates the latest advances in safety technology. The side-impact protection, for example, is telescopic. Together with the height-adjustable headrest and the safety-belt positioner, the Aton Q provides the highest level of safety and comfort. This was confirmed by independent German testing institute Stiftung Warentest who awarded this model the top rating of 1.6 (good) in Test 06/2014.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
- Thick clothing prevents the harness from lying snugly against the body. This incorrect belt positioning could result in the harness slipping off the shoulder. For this reason, your child wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- Can I use the car seat and base even when the side airbag is activated?
- Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
- Will CYBEX release an i-Size seat with a safety cushion? / When does CYBEX plan to launch a Platinum i-Size seat?
- Whether and when CYBEX will bring out another i-Size product is unknown at this moment in time. The engineers at CYBEX are constantly working in close cooperation with experts from other leading brands and institutions involved in child safety to drive forward the development of new products. As soon as CYBEX decides to launch a new i-Size seat, we will announce our plans on our website and on social media.
- Can I also use the Aton Q on any vehicle seat without the base?
- Aton Q has universal approval and, with the exception of the driver's seat, it can be used on all vehicle seats fitted with a three-point safety belt. When installing the Aton Q on the front passenger seat, it is important to ensure that the front airbag has been deactivated.
- Where should my baby's head be positioned to ensure that the headrest is optimally adjusted to the needs of my child?
- To make sure your child has the highest level of safety and comfort, adjust the headrest to a height that is suitable. The headrest has eight height settings and should be set so that no more than the width of two fingers can fit between the child's shoulders and the bottom of the headrest.
- Do both LSPs have to be pulled out for safety reasons?
- To provide the best possible protection, the telescopic L.S.P. protector nearest the door should be extended as far as possible. It is designed with two settings. If in the longest setting, the L.S.P. touches the vehicle door, then the first setting must be used instead. When the seat is installed in the middle seat, the linear side-impact protection (L.S.P. System) should not be pulled out.
- With which CYBEX strollers can I use the CYBEX infant car seats?
- The CYBEX infant car seats have specifically been engineered to be part of a travel system. An adapter connects the CYBEX Aton Q with all fully reclining CYBEX strollers. The CYBEX infant car seats are also compatible with other brands of strollers, including Bugaboo, Baby Jogger, etc.