THE FIRST E-STROLLER BY CYBEX
Revolutionary smart technology meets luxurious design in the e-PRIAM—the first e-stroller by CYBEX. Intelligent, intuitive, and exceptionally innovative, the e-PRIAM empowers you to glide up and down hills with ease, and smartly adapts to rough terrain like sand, gravel or cobblestones. Experience the magical sensation of a heavy load made lighter; of a rocky path made smooth; of an impossible climb made suddenly achievable.
Go further, fit more into your everyday life—and have more energy for you and your child’s future journey together.
Make struggling up slopes a thing of the past—the e-PRIAM gives you a helping hand when you need it most. Once activated, the e-PRIAM uphill support monitors pushing effort and powers your ascent, making a steep climb feel like strolling along a level sidewalk.
Don’t think twice about going off-road: the e-PRIAM lets you power across rough terrain such as sandy beaches, country paths and snowy winter streets. Greater travelling ease for you, greater travelling comfort for your child.
Travel down slopes in comfort and grace with the e-PRIAM Braking Support—detecting pulling pressure on the handlebar and slowing your descent accordingly. Move downhill effortlessly, whether you’re travelling with a tiny newborn or a fully-grown toddler.
880 mmFolded width:
510 mmFolded height:
Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
Engineered and designed in Germany
e-PRIAM Tutorial Video
- Is the e-PRIAM heavier than a regular PRIAM?
- Yes, the e-PRIAM is 2.4 kg heavier than a regular PRIAM.
- Can I also use the e-PRIAM without assistance from the electronic functions?
- Yes. If you do not switch on the power button the e-PRIAM works like a regular PRIAM.
- Can I upgrade / retrofit my PRIAM to an e-PRIAM?
- No, as the intelligent technology is seamlessly integrated into the e-PRIAM frame and separately certified.
- How often do I need to charge the battery?
- The battery run time depends on external conditions (e.g. surface characteristics, temperature, incline) and load (e.g. child weight, basket load). In fair conditions (flat terrain with short hills and a few uneven surfaces, an outside temperature of approximately 20˚C, a load of 9–10 kg) the battery will last for approximately 45 km. In difficult conditions (outdoor terrain with short hills and many uneven surfaces, an outside temperature of approximately 10–20˚C, a load of 15 kg) the battery will last for approximately 20 km. In extreme conditions (rugged terrain with very long and steep hills and mostly uneven surfaces, an outside temperature below 10˚C, a load of 25 kg) the battery will last for approximately 8 km. The values mentioned above are estimates. The real values might differ or vary according to usage, external influences and the condition of the battery. Additionally, the capacity of the e-PRIAM’s lithium-ion battery decreases with age and usage. This might have an impact on battery run time. The values mentioned do not assume any liability.
- How can I charge the battery?
- You have a choice between directly attaching the stroller to the power outlet using the provided cable, or detaching the battery from the rear axle for charging. Never leave the e-PRIAM unattended while charging the battery.
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- Charging time is around 3,5 hours.
- When using the assistance, what is the maximum km/h the e-PRIAM can travel at?
- The electronic functions will provide assistance up to 6 km/h. If you travel faster than this the assistance will stop. This is for safety and regulatory reasons.
- Does the battery need charging before I use the e-PRIAM for the first time?
- Yes. The battery needs to be fully charged until the green light on the charger appears. This can take up to 6 hours depending on the charging status when you unpack the product.
- Can I take an e-PRIAM onto an airplane?
- It should be possible to transport the e-PRIAM with most airlines, as the battery was specifically designed to comply with IATA rules for carry-on and checked-in baggage. Nevertheless, airlines may have restrictions applying to the battery of the e-PRIAM, as there are with the batteries of personal electronic devices such as laptop computers. Permitted battery capacity needs to be specifically checked, as this varies from airline to airline. Before traveling on an airplane, please always check with your airline regarding the latest travel guidelines for carry-on and checked-in baggage.
- When travelling uphill, is there any limit to the degree of the slope the e-PRIAM can assist with?
- The electronic functions can assist climbing a slope of up to approximately 25% (or approximately 14°). This is similar to the incline of Lombard Street in San Francisco
- Where can I try out and / or buy the e-PRIAM?
- The e-PRIAM will be available at selected and specially trained retailers and in our e-Commerce store: https://store.cybex-online.com/
Why we created an e-stroller
CYBEX is globally recognized as a pioneer in the field of parenting products, so it was perhaps inevitable that we would someday explore the new horizons of modern tech. The e-PRIAM is the result—but why did we choose an e-stroller as one of our first forays into this field?
Power: A precious commodity for any parent. Power may seem an intangible and abstract concept, but it is in fact a vital resource that can take various forms—the energy needed to drag yourself out of bed in the dead of night to change a diaper or soothe a crying baby for example. The countless fresh challenges of early parenthood can lead to already-depleted reserves of energy being further sapped away, especially in the period immediately following birth.
Freedom is another expression of power. With a baby in tow a once-straightforward trip to the store can become a fiendish obstacle course, with parents having to watch out for every curb and pothole. Parents must carry not only their baby, but also diapers, baby food, a changing bag, and any number of necessities that could be needed at any moment, seriously impeding their mobility. It’s little wonder that parents can be left feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of venturing outdoors, and at risk of becoming isolated.
With our first e-stroller, CYBEX presents a solution to this power imbalance. The e-PRIAM has motorized support that responds instantly to the changing needs of the parent, taking the effort out of everyday travel with kids. With an e-stroller parents not only save energy, but they also gain freedom to move further, faster, and with less stress.
Empowerment is a theme that runs throughout the CYBEX D.S.F. Innovation Principle. Parents are empowered to lead fashionable lives with our beautiful Design. They are empowered to protect their children with our award-winning Safety. And they can take advantage of our innovative Functionality features to save energy and get more freedom. Therefore, when it came time to choose a tagline for our e-stroller, it was only natural that inspiration came from this fundamental goal: Empowering parents.
The e-stroller: A product for millennial parents
When we at CYBEX made the decision to begin developing an e-stroller, it was important to us that we respond to authentic customer needs, rather than creating a flashy gimmick with questionable purpose or use. And, according to research we recently conducted into millennial attitudes towards technology, it seems that our customers share our priorities.
Millennials—a generation who have been much in-the-news—are growing up. They’re settling down, getting married and having families. And they need help. Faced with a climate of economic uncertainty, and without getting the support from grandparents that previous generations could count on, it’s logical that this most connected of age groups is turning to technology and information systems for solutions.
We surveyed adults between the ages of 18 to 39, who either had an infant child or were expecting one at the time of the survey. What we found was surprising, with perhaps profound implications for the evolution of this market. It seemed that be that for all their attachment to technology—with many owning accessories such as a smart watch, using video calling services or using online banking and apps—millennial parents were still skeptical about the benefits of smart parenting. Perhaps when it comes to parenting, it isn’t enough to simply add an electric component or an app to standard parenting gear such as bottle warmers or ear monitors. For parents to make an investment in a product such as an e-stroller, they need to be sure that it will make a tangible improvement to their lives.
Into this space comes the e-PRIAM, a product whose core purpose is to give parents some extra independence. We specifically surveyed the benefits of an e stroller, finding that many of our respondents said they wanted a product that could help them walk up and down hills, or walk through snow. In fact, mobility was a key factor, with many respondents saying that an e-stroller would allow them to take longer trips, highlighting its empowering nature. On the other hand, few in our sample group stated that the main benefit of motorized strollers would be to help them look more chic or less exhausted, further underlying our view that when it comes to parenting tech, millennials demand substance.
Testing an e-stroller
A revolutionary product requires exceptionally rigorous testing. Over 100 electric strollers were put through their paces by independent testers in 14 different countries, with over 41,000 kilometers covered during the trialing—equal to the circumference of the Earth! From the scorching sands of Dubai to the snows of Finland and Spitsbergen, the e-PRIAM endured extensive durability testing in extreme temperatures and altitudes—contributing to the development of a truly world-class e-stroller.
What our testers said about their e-stroller …
- Definitely the best experience was using it while walking my dog. This was only possible with a powered stroller because of the help it gave me on the road. Michal, Czech Republic
- I love it. It’s especially good when carrying loads of shopping. Kirsten, UK
- Much easier to push than a normal stroller. Nadja, Germany
- It’s great on uneven surfaces! Tamara, Austria
- The best thing is clearly the extra power the stroller provides when the terrain becomes uneven or steep. Allan, Denmark
Other positive feedback included:
- Driving Pleasure: Using an eStroller is fun!
- Possible to walk off-road and on rough terrain without any trouble
- Easy to use—the electronic support adapts to user needs
- Convenient for carrying bigger children
- Stable and strong
The e-PRIAM: An e-stroller that wears its technology lightly
The advanced electronic stroller functionality of the e-PRIAM is seamlessly integrated into our PRIAM stroller, itself inspired by the simplicity and elegance of modernist design. From the iconic silhouette of the hooded sun canopy to the stylish curved contours of the park brake on the rear axle, every detail of the PRIAM is in perfect harmony. Following in the footsteps of the legendary designers Ray and Charles Eames, CYBEX seeks to bring poetic design to everyday objects, allowing our customers to maintain the fashionable lives they led before they began the journey of parenthood. And our first e-stroller is no exception.
The electric motors, sensors and onboard systems are discretely incorporated into the PRIAM frame, itself a 4-in-1 travel system capable of carrying a stroller seat, a LUX Carry Cot or a LITE Cot, and an infant car seat. Elegant solutions have been found for integrating the technical elements: the perforations and stitching indicating where the handlebar sensors are located, the unobtrusive locations of the motors connected to the wheels.
Guided by the principle: “Form follows family”, the PRIAM is tailor-made for the challenges of parental life, while maintaining superior visual aesthetics. This fusion of tomorrow’s technology with timeless design resulted in our ultimate product—the e-PRIAM.