Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
What you get:
Infant car seat incl. newborn inlay
Compatible Base:Base Z, Base Z One
Engineered and designed in Germany
Is this the right seat for my car?
We extensively test the suitability for all our products in all the latest vehicle models. Should your vehicle not appear please contact our customer service team for further assistance. We always recommend that you do a test installation at a qualified retailer to confirm individual compatibility. You should especially check that your vehicle model has ISOFIX anchorage points (US: LATCH ) and the length of the vehicle seat belt as this may vary, even during the same production year of manufacture.
Select car manufacturer
- Is it ok to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/de/retailer.html
- Can I install the seat on the front passenger seat?
- The car seat should only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Important: According to the Highway Code, it is against the law for your child to travel on a seat with an activated airbag. Placing your infant on a passenger seat with an activated airbag puts your child at risk of serious injury. For this reason, CYBEX always recommends installing the car seat on the vehicle’s rear seat (if possible behind the passenger). Statistics show that this is the safest place in the car. In a head-on collision, a child has a greater crumple zone on the rear seat where front airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible.
- Can my child sit in the car seat in a forward-facing position?
- No, according to standard R-129 children have to travel in a rearward-facing position until they are at least 15 months old. Your infant’s spine and neck muscles have not yet developed sufficiently to cope with heavier strains. In the event of an accident, the child’s head is propelled forward with a very high force. The child’s spine and neck muscles are not strong enough to withhold these forces. In rear-facing seats, the infant car seat works like a protective shield and protects the child’s sensitive head and neck.
- Is it ok to leave my child in the infant carrier e.g. at home?
- CYBEX infant car seats have been engineered to offer the best possible protection for a baby during a car ride without affecting the child´s spine in a negative way. However, we do not recommend leaving the baby sleeping inside the infant car seat at home for long periods of time.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
- Thick clothing prevents the harness from lying snugly against the body. This incorrect belt positioning could result in the harness slipping off the shoulder. For this reason, your child should wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- Can I use the car seat and base even when the side airbag is activated?
- Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
- Do both side protectors (LSPs) have to be extended?
- The L.S.P. Side-impact Protection has to be folded out on the side nearest the car door when the seat is installed either on the right or left-hand side of the rear seat. In this way, the best possible protection is provided in a collision. In this instance, it is important to ensure that only the side protector nearest the door is extended. If the seat is installed in the middle of the rear seat, the Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. system) must not be used under any circumstances.