Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
What you get:
Engineered and designed in Germany
Is this the right seat for my car?
This child seat is approved for universal use and can be used on all vehicle seats with standard 3-point belt. However, we always recommend a test installation at a qualified retailer to confirm individual compatibility. Especially the length of the vehicle belts may vary, even during a production run of a car manufacturer.
- Can I fit the ISOFIX Connect System onto a car seat which doesn't have the ISOFIX connectors?
- Car seat models without ISOFIX (ISOFIX Connect System) cannot be retrofitted into seats with ISOFIX. Please do not adapt or tamper with car seat models to make them fit, as the authorities do not allow any technical changes to them.
- Is it ok to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- What does L.S.P. system stand for?
- The abbreviation L.S.P. stands for Linear.Side-Impact.Protection. The L.S.P. system is responsible for the shoulder and head protectors systematically absorbing the forces of a side impact in a linear chain reaction. The kinetic body energy triggered in an accident is absorbed and the head and upper body moved in a safe position. Especially the sensitive head and shoulder area is protectively locked inside the safety zone of the seat. The L.S.P. System Plus features additional side protectors.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/de/retailer.html
- Which is the normal position for the reclining headrest?
- The patented reclining headrest, a passive safety feature of the CYBEX Group 1/2/3 car seats and the Group 2/3 seats for older children, is one of the central CYBEX safety technologies. In its reclined position it prevents the head from falling forward when the child is asleep keeping head and upper body within the safety zone during the ride. Adjusting the headrest to the front position when the child is awake it keeps the head in an upright position.
- Do child seats equipped with a backrest perform better than booster seats?
- The main problem with booster seats is the missing side protection. A child seat with a backrest has side protectors that prevent the child from hitting the window in the case of a side impact collision. Additionally, the routing of the seat belt can not be adjusted to the height of the child causing possible health hazards. Therefore, compared to seats with a backrest, booster seats do pose a higher risk of injury.
- Can I use the child seat on rearward facing car seats like those found in vans or minibuses?
- You can use this child seat on rearward facing car seats as long as the vehicle seat has a homologation for use by adults and a 3 point belt. The headrest of the vehicle seat should not be removed when the child seat is mounted.
- Can I use the child seat on lateral facing car seats?
- It is not permissible to use the child seat on lateral facing car seats.
- Is it ok to install the seat on the passenger seat?
- CYBEX Group 2/3 seats can be used in all seats of the car with a three-point emergency locking retractor belt. However, we recommend generally using the seat in the back of the car. Statistically, the front seat poses a higher risk of injury for your child. In exceptions, however, the seat can be used in the passenger seat as well. Please note the following: If the car has an airbag, put the seat as far back as possible. However, you should pay attention that the upper part of the seat belt stays behind the running of the belt.
- What can I do if my child´s head drops forward while sleeping in spite of the reclining headrest?
- If the child safety seat is attached to the car seat in too upright a position, causing your child to be seated vertically, some children´s heads may fall to the side in their sleep. Should this occur, the seat should be pulled forward slightly. If your seat is designed with the ISOFIX Connect System, simply release the connectors by one or, at most, two settings. It is also possible to use a children´s neck cushion, which stops the child from slumping while asleep. This prevents the child´s head from leaving the protection zone.
- When I fasten my child´s safety belt, the belt no longer automatically retracts. What can I do?
- The wide range of vehicle seats means that, in some cases, the safety belt may not run smoothly to the child safety seat. If this is the case, first check whether the height of the safety belt can be adjusted in the car. If possible, adjust the height of the belt so that it runs straight and smoothly through the child safety seat´s belt positioner. Alternatively, the problem may be alleviated if the vehicle seat can be adjusted horizontally, vertically and/or at an angle.
- Is it normal that the seat’s backrest is not completely locked and has a bit of room to wiggle when the seat is not installed in the car?
- The reclining backrest is part of the CYBEX safety concept. Thanks to the automatic adjustment mechanism, it adapts perfectly to any car seat. In the worst-case scenario, the backrest moves slightly forward with your child, and is thereby able to ‘catch’ the body at an earlier stage. The seat and backrest are connected to each other, but are not rigid and don’t lock into place.
- Can I use this seat on a flight?
- No, this seat is not approved for use on an airplane.
- Can child seats equipped with ISOFIX Connect System also be used in cars that do not have the connectors?
- CYBEX car seats that are designed with the ISOFIX Connect System can also be used in cars that are not equipped with ISOFIX. Simply rotate the ISOFIX connectors 180° and then push the connectors in, as far as possible, into the booster seat.