Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
What you get:
Car Seat incl. Base, Newborn Inlay, ISOFIX Guides
Engineered and designed in Germany
Is this the right seat for my car?
We extensively test the suitability for all our products in all the latest vehicle models. Should your vehicle not appear please contact our customer service team for further assistance. We always recommend that you do a test installation at a qualified retailer to confirm individual compatibility. You should especially check that your vehicle model has ISOFIX anchorage points (US: LATCH ) and the length of the vehicle seat belt as this may vary, even during the same production year of manufacture.
Select car manufacturer
- Is it ok to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- What is the difference between the Sirona and the Sirona M2 i-Size?
- Both car seats are designed for the rear-facing transportation of children up to four years of age. The biggest difference between the two: The Sirona M2 i-Size complies with the requirements of the new i-Size standard. The Sirona is approved in compliance with standard ECE-R 44/04. Other differences lie in their functionality and specifications: In the case of the Sirona M2 i-Size, the child is secured using a five-point harness both in the forward and rear-facing positions. In the case of the Sirona, the child is secured with a safety cushion in the forward-facing position and a five-point harness only in the rear-facing position. The switch between the forward- and rear-facing positions is effected on the Sirona by rotating the seat 360 degrees, and on the Sirona M2 i-Size by using the click system. The Sirona can be set in seven (rear-facing) and five sitting and lying positions (forward-facing), whereas the Sirona M2 i-Size has three (forward-facing) and five sitting and lying positions (rear-facing). The side-impact protection on the Sirona is telescopic but on the Sirona M2 i-Size the protector is folded out. The rebound bar on the Sirona can be removed, whereas on the Sirona M2 i-Size it is an integral part of the base. Moreover, the Sirona M2 i-Size is fitted with fixed shoulder pads and a support leg indicator which shows whether the seat, base and support leg have been installed correctly. The Sirona M2 i-Size comes in eight colours, whereas the Sirona is available in eight colours and seven additional Plus colours.
- From what age can the Sirona M2 i-Size be used?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size can be used for newborns and children up to a height of 105 cm (maximum body weight: 19 kg). This roughly corresponds to an age of four years.
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- What is the weight limit for using the Sirona M2 i-Size?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size can be used for children up to a maximum body weight of 19 kg.
- When is a child too big for the CYBEX Sirona M2 i-Size?
- The CYBEX Sirona M2 i-Size can be used by children up to a maximum height of 105 cm (maximum body weight: 19 kg). Depending on the child’s height, this corresponds to approximately four years of age.
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/de/retailer.html
- Will the Sirona M2 i-Size fit in my vehicle?
- It is important to check whether the Sirona M2 i-Size is compatible with your vehicle before you purchase it. This is because the Sirona M2 i-Size is soley an ISOFIX seat and can only be installed in i-Size certified vehicles or in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points. Before purchasing the seat, please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Sirona M2 i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
- Thick clothing prevents the harness from lying snugly against the body. This incorrect belt positioning could result in the harness slipping off the shoulder. For this reason, your child should wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- Can I also use the Sirona M2 i-Size in a car without ISOFIX anchorage points?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size is solely an ISOFIX seat and can only be installed in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points or in i-Size certified vehicles. Please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Sirona M2 i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- Can I use this seat on a flight?
- No, this seat is not approved for use on an airplane.
- Can I also use the Sirona M2 i-Size in a car without i-Size certification?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size can also be used in cars without i-Size certification. However, it is important to emphasise that the vehicle must be fitted with ISOFIX anchorage points. Before purchasing the seat, please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Sirona M2 i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- What aspects should I bear in mind when installing the Sirona M2 i-Size in my vehicle?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size is installed using the vehicle’s ISOFIX anchorage points. The ISOFIX anchorage points consist of two fixed metal bars per seat and are located between the backrest and seat of the vehicle. The one-click installation with the ISOFIX system is a simple way to install the seat in both a forward and rear-facing position and enhances safety. If the base is installed correctly, the seat can be switched from a rear- to a forward-facing position using the click system. To install the seat in your vehicle correctly, first fold down the support leg of the Sirona M2 i-Size until it locks in place. Release the locking mechanism on the two ISOFIX connectors (the locking mechanisms can be set separately). Important: The ISOFIX connectors must lock into the two ISOFIX anchorage points with an audible click and the green safety indicator must be clearly visible on both ISOFIX release buttons. Then push the base back towards the backrest until the seat is resting flat and snugly against it. Pull the support leg out until it touches the floor of the vehicle. To ensure optimum absorption of force, the support leg should be pulled out one more notch until it locks firmly in place. The support leg indicator on the base then switches to GREEN with an audible click. Place the CYBEX Sirona M2 i-Size onto the M i-Size base in the chosen direction of travel. Ensure that both bars lock into place with an audible “CLICK”. Check whether the indicator on the M i-Size base has switched to GREEN. If the indicator is still on RED, the seat is not locked in place properly. Repeat the procedure if necessary. If the indicator is switched to GREEN, the Sirona M2 i-Size has been installed correctly.
- Can my child rest his/her legs on the rebound bar?
- If your child is already quite tall, it is fine for his/her legs to rest on the rebound bar. Bent knees do not constitute a safety risk. As long as your child has enough legroom, we would recommend using the Sirona M2 i-Size in a rear-facing position to reduce stresses to the neck, head, shoulders and internal organs in a head-on collision.
- Why only rearward-facing until 15 months and not for 4 years in total?
- The head of a young child is large and heavy in proportion to the rest of their body and their neck is relatively weak. A rear-facing child restraint supports the head and neck and is thought, therefore, to reduce the risk of neck injury. Although this remains a topic for research, European regulators are satisfied that by 15 months, the neck has developed enough strength to withstand the forces in a typical crash. For this reason, 15 months was set as the minimum age for rear-facing. However, many R129 child restraints are approved for longer rear-facing use, for example, by children up to 105 cm (around 4 years).
- When can I switch the Sirona M2 i-Size to a forward-facing position?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size can optionally be switched to a forward-facing position once your child has reached a minimum height of 76 cm and the 16th month of life. For safety reasons, we at CYBEX recommend that children are transported in a rear-facing position up to the age of four years.
- Do the side protectors / LSPs have to be folded out on both sides in the car?
- The L.S.P. side-impact protection has to be folded out on the side nearest the car door when the Sirona M2 i-Size is installed either on the right or left-hand side of the rear seat. In this way, the best possible protection is provided in a collision. In this instance, it is important to ensure that only the side protector nearest the door is extended. If the seat is installed in the middle of the rear seat, the linear side-impact protection (L.S.P. system) must not be used under any circumstances.
- Is my child allowed to rest his/her legs on the rebound bar?
- Relatively tall infants may rest their legs on the rebound bar. Bending the legs at the knee does not affect safety in any way. As long as the child has sufficient legroom we recommend using the seat in a rear-facing position, which exposes the child to less force in the event of a collision.
- How can I switch the Sirona M2 i-Size into a forward-facing position?
- We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Sirona M2 i-Size should be used in a rear-facing position for as long as possible for maximum safety. As soon as your child no longer has enough legroom in a rear-facing position, the seat can optionally be switched to forward-facing. To do so, the seat can be released by clicking two buttons on the top and at the side of the base and then simply reinserted with a click in the forward-facing position. For more details on how to install your seat, please refer to our instructions or our installation video.
- Do both LSPs have to be extended for safety reasons?
- To provide the best possible protection, the telescopic L.S.P. protector nearest the door should be extended as far as possible. It is designed with two settings. If in the longest setting, the L.S.P. touches the vehicle door, then the first setting must be used instead. When the seat is installed in the middle seat, the linear side-impact protection (L.S.P. System) should not be pulled out.
- May I use the seat with an activated side airbag?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size can be used with an activated side airbag.
- Can I use the seat and the base when the side airbag is activated?
- Yes, side airbags may remain activated when using the baby seat.
- How do I secure my child in the seat?
- In a Sirona M2 i-Size your child is secured with a five-point harness.
- Why doesn’t the Sirona M2 i-Size come with a safety cushion (like the Sirona)?
- The Sirona M2 i-Size is a new product concept that offers our customers an additional option when selecting their preferred child restraint system. Parents who prefer a five-point harness in a forward-facing position are now able to opt for a CYBEX seat. This was not the case until now. We would, however, like to stress that CYBEX still recommends that children travel in a rear-facing position for as long as possible. In our view, this is the safest way for your child to travel by car.
- Why does the Sirona M2 i-Size use a 5-point harness rather than a 3-point belt?
- The decision to use a 5-point harness for the Sirona M2 i-Size was based on the following safety aspects: In the case of smaller children, they may be at risk of slipping out of the seat if they are not secured with a 5-point harness. This can happen in a collision, when your child falls asleep or is very active. To prevent your child from slipping out of the seat and to provide maximum protection in a collision, the Sirona M2 i-Size is fitted with a 5-point harness.