Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
What you get:
Infant Car Seat, Newborn Inlay
Engineered and designed in Germany
Is this the right seat for my car?
We extensively test the suitability for all our products in all the latest vehicle models. Should your vehicle not appear please contact our customer service team for further assistance. We always recommend that you do a test installation at a qualified retailer to confirm individual compatibility. You should especially check that your vehicle model has ISOFIX anchorage points (US: LATCH ) and the length of the vehicle seat belt as this may vary, even during the same production year of manufacture.
Select car manufacturer
- From what age can the CYBEX Aton M i-Size be used?
- The Aton M i-Size can be used for newborns and children from 45 cm to 87 cm in height (maximum body weight: 13 kg).
- Is it ok to keep using a seat after an accident?
- We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
- What is the weight limit for using the Aton M i-Size?
- The Aton M i-Size can be used for children up to a maximum body weight of 13 kg.
- When is a child too big for the Aton M i-Size?
- The Aton M i-Size can be used by children up to a maximum height of 87 cm (maximum body weight: 13 kg).
- My car seat is faulty, how can I get it repaired?
- Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
- The Aton M i-Size is approved in compliance with the i-Size standard (ECE R-129). What does this mean?
- i-Size is a new European standard for car seats. It specifies, among others, that car seats have to be installed with ISOFIX, that infants must travel in a rearward facing position up to the age of 15 months and, for the first time, that side-impact protection is tested. To find out more about i-Size go to http://cybex-online.com/en/safetycenter/isize-and-ece.html
- Where can I get replacement parts for my product?
- You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: http://cybex-online.com/de/retailer.html
- Can I install the seat on the front passenger seat?
- The car seat should only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Important: According to the Highway Code, it is against the law for your child to travel on a seat with an activated airbag. Placing your infant on a passenger seat with an activated airbag puts your child at risk of serious injury. For this reason, CYBEX always recommends installing the car seat on the vehicle’s rear seat (if possible behind the passenger). Statistics show that this is the safest place in the car. In a head-on collision, a child has a greater crumple zone on the rear seat where front airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible.
- Will the Aton M i-Size fit in my vehicle?
- It is important to check whether the Aton M i-Size is compatible with your vehicle before you purchase it. If the Aton M i-Size is secured with the vehicle’s safety belt, it is compatible with the majority of vehicles. In conjunction with the Base M, the Aton M i-Size can only be installed either in i-Size approved vehicles or in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points. Before purchasing the seat, please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Aton M i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- Can I also use the Aton M i-Size without the base?
- Yes, the Aton M i-Size can also be used in the car without the base. In this instance, the car seat is installed using the vehicle’s safety belt. Installing the seat with the safety belt is in compliance with the requirements set down in ECE R-44/04. We recommend using the Aton M i-Size in conjunction with the Base M.
- Can my child sit in the car seat in a forward-facing position?
- No, according to standard R-129 children have to travel in a rearward-facing position until they are at least 15 months old. Your infant’s spine and neck muscles have not yet developed sufficiently to cope with heavier strains. In the event of an accident, the child’s head is propelled forward with a very high force. The child’s spine and neck muscles are not strong enough to withhold these forces. In rear-facing seats, the infant car seat works like a protective shield and protects the child’s sensitive head and neck.
- Can I also use the Aton M i-Size in a car without i-Size certification?
- The Aton M i-Size can also be used in vehicles without i-Size certification, provided the car seat is secured with the vehicle’s safety belt. In conjunction with the Base M, the Aton M i-Size can only be installed either in i-Size approved vehicles or in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points. Before purchasing the seat, please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Aton M i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- Is it ok to leave my child in the infant carrier e.g. at home?
- CYBEX infant car seats have been engineered to offer the best possible protection for a baby during a car ride without affecting the child´s spine in a negative way. However, we do not recommend leaving the baby sleeping inside the infant car seat at home for long periods of time.
- What kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat?
- Thick clothing prevents the harness from lying snugly against the body. This incorrect belt positioning could result in the harness slipping off the shoulder. For this reason, your child should wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
- Can I also use the Aton M i-Size in a car without ISOFIX anchorage points?
- In conjunction with the Base M, the Aton M i-Size can only be installed either in i-Size approved vehicles or in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points. If you are installing the Aton M-Size with the vehicle’s safety belt, ISOFIX anchorage points are not required. Before purchasing the seat, please refer to the compatibility list on the CYBEX website to see whether or not the Aton M i-Size is compatible with your vehicle.
- Can I use this seat on a flight?
- Yes, this seat is approved by TÜV Rheinland for use on an airplane. Please always contact your airline for detailed information before your journey.
- When should I remove the newborn inlay?
- The newborn inlay should be removed when your infant reaches a height of around 61cm (corresponding to approximately 3 months). This ensures that your growing baby has enough space in the car seat.
- Which buggies and prams from CYBEX are compatible with the car seat?
- The infant car seats from CYBEX have been specially developed as part of a flexible travel system. This means that the Aton M i-Size can be used with the CYBEX PRIAM and all CYBEX prams and buggies in conjunction with an adapter (optional extra). In addition, the Aton M i-Size is part of the CYBEX Modular System - an efficient package of our M-line products, which work together to offer parents maximized flexibility.
- Can I use the car seat and base even when the side airbag is activated?
- Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
- Do both side protectors (LSPs) have to be extended?
- The L.S.P. Side-impact Protection has to be folded out on the side nearest the car door when the seat is installed either on the right or left-hand side of the rear seat. In this way, the best possible protection is provided in a collision. In this instance, it is important to ensure that only the side protector nearest the door is extended. If the seat is installed in the middle of the rear seat, the Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. system) must not be used under any circumstances.
- What should I do if my baby’s head nods forward onto his/her chest even though the markings indicate that the car seat is positioned horizontally?
- If the seat is installed with the vehicle belt, the marking on the car seat serves as a guide as to whether the seat has been installed in the car horizontally. The line of reference is the road level. If you own a small car, for example, the angle of the rear seat may be slightly steeper, thus differing from the level of the road. If you align the infant car seat to the rear seat level, the car seat will be positioned in the car incorrectly causing your child’s head to nod forwards. Please ensure, therefore, that the seat is in line with the road level.
- How do I know if my car seat is suitable for an aircraft?
- You can determine if your car seat is aircraft approved if it has the TÜV-Rheinland seal with the reference “for use in aircraft”. Car seats with this seal, are specifically tested for safety and use with a two-point harness system, as found in an aircraft. Please note, that not every airline recognizes this seal as valid, therefore it is essential to inform yourself on your airline’s regulations to ensure you may use your seat, even if the seat has the seal of approval.
- Do I have to register my car seat with the airline before taking it on a flight?
- The use of a car seat in the aircraft depends upon the airline. Before going on your trip, please check with your airline to ensure you are able to use the car seat in flight. In general, children under the age of two, do not require their own seat in the aircraft, they are allowed to be seated on their parent´s lap, secured with a loop belt. If you choose to or must book a seat for your child, they should be secured with an accredited restraint system. Please note, that you will be asked to book a separate seat in the aircraft, even if your child is under the age of two, if you choose to take a car seat on board. Please also be aware that worldwide (not in the EU) children cannot claim a seat in the airplane, you will need to contact your airline for more information.
- What do I have to watch out for before flying with an infant?
- Before taking any flight with your child, please inform yourself about the terms and conditions of the airline you are planning to travel with. Generally the information can be found on the website of the airline or you can inquire over the phone.
- Am I required to take my own seat on the flight?
- No, you do not have to take your own seat onto the aircraft. In the EU you are allowed to fly with your child on one parent´s lap, if the child is under the age of two. Your child must be also secured with a loop belt during take-off, landing and when the “fasten your seat belt” sign lights up. Please note, that this way of securing your child is potentially life threatening for your child. The loop belt attaches the infant to the parent, which only prevents it from flying through the cabin during a crash.
- What do car seats have to comply with to receive a TÜV Rheinland approval?
- In partnership with the Federal Ministry of Transport, Aviation Federal Office and the airline companies, TÜV Rheinland developed the “qualification process for restraint systems in aircrafts” with consideration of the different aspects of the aviation companies. Car seats that pass this procedure receive the “for use in aircraft” seal. Additional information can be found on the TÜV Rheinland website.
- Where do I receive additional information?
- TÜV Rheinland and the ADAC provide additional information on their websites for parents flying with infants. Please contact your airline before the flight for further information regarding the approval of different car seats for the flight.